After Your Dextrose Prolotherapy
- Please do not wash the affected area for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- Please spend the day and evening after your Prolotherapy quietly. I strongly urge you to relax by listening to soothing music, sleeping, meditation, mantras, etc.
- Do not plan on doing any heavy activity for at least 24 hours and sometimes 48 hours after your procedure.
- Please avoid anti-inflammatory medicines: Motrin, Advil, Ibuprofen, Relafen, Voltaren, Feldene, Clinoril, Naprosyn, Aleve, Asprin and Alcohol. It also includes anti-inflammatory herbs such as: Turmeric, Ginger, Tulsi (holy basil), green tea, peppermint, rosemary, and lavender for 10 days afterward (if you could avoid them for 2 weeks that would be ideal). Baby asprin at bedtime is ok. Remember we want to create an inflammatory response.
- If your foot or ankle was treated, you will need to ace wrap or use soft elastic wrap on the ankle daily for the next 6 weeks.
- For any questions or problems, please don’t hesitate to call the numbers above.
- You may take Tylenol 350 mg (2 tablets) every 6 hours for pain.
- You may ice the area for 20 minutes every hour for pain.
**Please provide us with at least 24 hours notice if you need to cancel or change your appointment.
Please do your best to be on time for your appointment and we will also do our best to be on time. If Dr. Tucker is running a little late, she is giving each of her patients the time and care required to treat her patients with her full attention.
Thank you, we look forward to taking great care of you!