1) See your regular Doctor to be sure you are not anemic. If there is any question, have a Hemoglobin or Hematocrit done
2) Be sure to let us know if you are on anticoagulants
3) Arrange to take it easy for the next few days after the procedure
4) Be sure to follow all of the Steps for Prolotherapy under “Before Your Prolotherapy Appointment ” and ” After Your Prolotherapy Appointment”
5) If you are already taking narcotic medication for your pain, take the medicine one hour before your injection. If you think you would like some pain medicine before your appointment, please let us know at the time you book your appointment. You should schedule to come 45 minutes early, in order to take the pain medication.
6) We have a state-of-the-art surgery center available, in the event that you would like to have this procedure done under full anesthesia.
7) Expect at least three days of rest; you can move about the house, but don’t plan to be active.
8) Please refer to “After Your Prolotherapy” for further recommendations.